PAAC CEUs for Credential Renewal Purposes
The renewal of your PAAC credential will happen annually as of 2020. To renew your credential, you must acquire 15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). The following will explain the different categories of CEUs and methods by which you can earn them.
There are 3 categories of CEUs:
- ADHD Knowledge- minimum of 5 required per year
- ADHD Coaching- minimum of 5 required per year
- ADHD Tools- no minimum per year
You must have 5 ADHD Knowledge and 5 ADHD Coaching CEUs for each annual renewal. The remaining 5 can be any combination of the 3 categories of ADHD Knowledge, ADHD Coaching or ADHD Tools.
- The way with which we are most familiar with earning CEUs is through attendance at the annual CHAAD/ADDA/ACO conference. This year the conference will be held virtually, but you will still be able to receive CEUs. Before the conference, PAAC will review all keynote and breakout sessions scheduled to be offered and will determine whether they qualify for CEUs and, if so, in which category.
Self-learning: (maximum of 6 CEUs per year)
- You may have an opportunity to be a breakout session leader at a conference or as a presenter/interviewer in an ADHD-specific forum. Since much learning is necessary to create the presentation, you will have the opportunity to earn CEUs for your efforts. You will earn 1 CEU per hour of presentation time. For example, if your breakout session is 1 hour and 30 minutes long, you can earn 1.5 CEUs. You must request advance approval of CEUs for these one-off events by submitting a description of the content and duration of the presentation to email@example.com. If the seminar content is deemed appropriate for CEUs, PAAC will determine which category the CEU falls under, and you will be informed via email. You may earn up to a maximum of 6 total CEUs through self-learning.
Teaching: (maximum of 6 CEUs per year)
- If you are teaching a course, you may earn CEUs for the time you spend actually teaching up to a maximum of 6 total CEUs. However, this is only applicable for the first time you teach the course. Subsequent sessions of the same course are not eligible for further CEUs.
ADHD Seminars and Workshops
- You may earn CEUs for attendance at ADHD-focused seminars and workshops equal to 1 CEU per hour of course attendance. You must request approval of CEUs for these one-off events by submitting the seminar materials which describe the duration and content of the presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance. If the seminar content is deemed appropriate for CEUs, PAAC will determine which category the CEU falls under, and you will be informed via email.
ACO Case Collaborations and Seminars
- The ADHD Coaches Organization (ACO) is a much-valued colleague of PAAC. ACO monthly Case Collaborations qualify for 1 CEU per session. PAAC will discuss the content with ACO in advance and determine which category the material will fall under. ACO may also present special events which may qualify for PAAC CEUs. Information will be forwarded to you via email to let you know of upcoming opportunities for CEUs from ACO.
PAAC Credentialing Session Leader: (maximum of 6 CEUs)
- If you are a PCAC or MCAC, you may apply to become a Session Leader for PAAC Coach Credentialing Sessions. Qualified PAAC Session Leaders earn CEUs at the rate of 1 per hour of session time. Since most sessions are one-and-one-half hours, you can earn up to 1.5 CEUs for each session you serve as a Session Leader, up to a maximum of 6 CEUs.
PAAC Special Events
- PAAC is hoping to continue offering specialty events focusing on ADHD coaching and ADHD knowledge. PAAC certified coaches can earn 1 CEU per hour of presentation time.
ADHD Coaches are passionate, creative and life-long learners. We trust that earning 15 CEUs per year offers an exciting opportunity to continue engaging with the PAAC community to learn more about the latest research in ADHD, grow your coaching skills and connect with other PAAC credentialed ADHD coaches.